Who are the top 10 players in the NBA today? Really? Let’s get all the bias opinions aside and really take a look at who the top 10 players are in the NBA. Forget Marc Stein and his power rankings (which he does for teams not players, but he’s still mostly wrong anyway) and forget all the stupid analysts like Charles Barkley.
- Kobe Bryant – Need I say more? The best player in the game period. Can shoot, pass, defend, he’s clutch, he’s a winner, he’s unstoppable, stop me someone please.
- Lebron James – Charles Barkley is right about something. The fact that Kobe Bryant is superman, but Lebron James is “tuggin on his cape”. Lebron has had a fantastic individual season this year with many more to come.
- Tracy McGrady – when he’s healthy, and when his team gives him the ball he’s as good of a player offensively than anyone in the NBA. We don’t talk about Tmac a ton these days with all the talk about all the other guys around the league, but Tracy McGrady has put together a fantastic season. Showing yet again that’s he’s right there behind Kobe and Lebron.
- Allen Iverson – It’s sad that the Denver Nuggets might not make the playoffs this year. But it won’t be because of the play of AI. He brings it every game of every season. The guy is fantastic.
- Tim Duncan – I hate to say it. But yes Timmy makes number 5. I am a certified Spurts Hater all the way. But you can’t ignore the 4 championships Tim Duncan has won in his career.
- Steve Nash - Two MVP’s says enough. Even though one of those deserved to go to Kobe Bryant. But you gotta give the little white guy his props. One of the most creative and fascinating offensive players of our time.
- Dwayne Wade – The last couple of seasons people were trying to compare Dwade to Kobe. Now we have a little better of an idea of some of Dwayne Wade’s weaknesses now that he’s without Shaq. But, he still can dominate games and can get to the basket at will.
- Dirk Nowitzki – A very deserving MVP winner from last season. Dirk seems to have solid seasons every single year. He’s a competitor, shoots the lights out, and has learned to play some descent defense.
- Kevin Garnett – Many people would place him higher. I don’t. I think he’s a fantastic player. But has some obvious limitations. But overall a great competitor and will continue to do well with Pierce and Allen at his side.
- Shaquille O’Neal – I know he’s getting old and dried up. But with 4 rings and still at an old age helping the Suns get better, you have to keep the Diesel on your top ten list. He still wins more than the other so called superstars that are not on this list.
Notice who’s at the top of this list? Yeah that’s right it’s Kobe Bryant. Is there any question? I’d like to see anyone challenge me on this subject.